ADOPT A DOG
In order to adopt a dog from White Paws German Shepherd Rescue you must fill out an application and meet all requirements to help ensure the dog is placed in the home best suited for both the dog and the family.
Our adoption fees help offset the cost of spay/neutering, food, boarding and all medical care, incurred in taking proper care of our dogs. All dogs in our care will have age appropriate vaccines, have been dewormed, microchipped, altered and if older than 8 weeks will be current on heartworm prevention.
All dogs will be spayed/neutered prior to adoption with the exception of young puppies. If your dog is not yet old enough to be altered, we adopt with a Spay/Neuter contract which adds an additional $150 refundable deposit to the adoption fee. Your $150 will be refunded after the dog is altered. White Paws German Shepherd Rescue will schedule the appointment at a convenient time with one of our partnering Veterinarians near you. You will need to provide proof of alter to White Paws German Shepherd Rescue. Additionally, we will contact the Veterinarian to make sure all went well and the process is complete.
Many generous people have chosen not to have their spay/neuter fee refunded and have allowed the rescue to keep the funds as a donation. Should you decide this is something you’d like to do, let us know and we’ll send you a donation letter for tax purposes. All donations are greatly appreciated and allow us to help other dogs.
If the dog is not spayed/neutered within the specified time White Paws will take the dog back into rescue (No Exceptions).
If a dog has multiple applications, WPGSR has the right to place the dog in the best home suited for both parties.
All approved adoptions are finalized with a legal and binding contract.
If you’re interested in adopting a dog from White Paws German Shepherd Rescue, please complete adoption application below.
Puppies up to age 1
Dogs 1 year old to 7 years old
Please make checks payable to:
White Paws German Shepherd Rescue
1331 Bellevue #299, Green Bay, Wisconsin 54302
1. After the application is received the following steps will be taken before the dog is placed in a new home. Applications are worked on a first-come, first-served basis before the adoption application is approved. Oftentimes we receive more than one application per dog. We consider the applications which best suit the dog and adopter needs. Some dogs do best in a home with other dogs, lots of kids, or no kids. Some dogs are good with cats, others are not. Some dogs are better suited for a bustling household and some a more quiet household. We take all the information and try to make the best fit possible. All adoptions are done at the sole discretion of White Paws German Shepherd Rescue.
2. White Paws German Shepherd Rescue will check references which include Veterinarian and personal.
3. White Paws German Shepherd Rescue will conduct a home visit, meet with the entire family and then fill out and discuss the home visit form which will be reviewed by the President of the Rescue. There will be no adoptions without a home visit.
4. Upon approval, a meeting will be set up by a representative of the rescue to meet with the applicant. We will review the contract with potential adopters and discuss the agreement to ensure that the contract is fully understood.
5. Meeting place to be determined by representative of WPGSR and potential adopters.
6. Veterinarian records will be turned over to adopters with a copy kept for WPGSR’s records.
7. After receiving the adoption fee, the dog may be released to the adopters.
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT
Adopters, be sure to plan ahead in life. Most of the time we outlive our dogs, but sometimes the unexpected can happen. Be sure to have a conversation with your loved ones about your successor plan. If you’ve got a friendly family environment for your dog, be sure there is an plan in the event of an emergency. Of course WPGSR will take the dog back if there is a situation where adequate care isn’t an option.